Fourth of Fun, 2014

July 7, 2014

This weekend I had the chance to get out of town for a quick 24 hours, and it was so, so wonderful. I spent the time at a friend's cottage in one of the most beautiful places on earth...Northern Michigan =) When I was in Missouri, I would spend hours daydreaming of and pining for my Michigan beaches, so it was wonderful to be back. The short break was filled with all of my favorite things: friends, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pancakes, dive bars, sand, beaches, sunshine and hashtagging. 

I also finally got to try paddle boarding for the first time and I am a HUGE FAN. It is a truth universally acknowledged that doing yoga on a paddle board will make you feel like a BAMF. Ladies, I don't care how good it is...if you downward dog on a paddle board in any way, shape or form you will feel super tough and super zen and super cool. And then when you get cocky and try to move from plank to cobra to downward dog to warrior 1 you will feel super cold because you will fall in the water. C'est la vie, it's still #winning. 

And here's a photo dump!



What was the best part of your Fourth?

xoxo, Autumn

4 comments:

  1. I want to try paddle boarding so bad! Sounds so fun and glad you got the chance to getaway for a short break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like a beautiful weekend! And I have really wanted to try paddle boarding . . . not sure I could master the yoga on the paddle board tho! I'd probably feel really cool a majority of the time cause I'd be in the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Paddle boarding looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design