- Together, these peninsulas are home to approximately 40+ Michigan wineries.
- I would say the Leelanua wineries are more "quaint," while Old Mission wineries are more polished and grandiose -- they are "in to win it," so to speak and are home to the wines you're most likely to find in Michigan grocery stores (or Walgreens because we're classy). They've been around longer, so they tend to be bigger.
- You can plan on most of them having $3-$5 tastings, with 5 pours per tasting. A few have pre-selected flights, but most you get to choose.
- For the most part, zero food other than cheese and crackers. Take that as you will, people prone to hanger.
- You can plan your own trip here and here.
August 29, 2014
August 27, 2014
You're welcome. No but really...we've tested this. Four (at least) seems to be key.
If you pick three, there's two potentials. One: someone ends up feeling like an awkward wheel; Two: the conversation turns very gender-specific. For realz. Hanna and I tried to go with just Chris once, and since it was two to one, the conversation got very girl-esque: headaches, menstrual cycles, garage sales, clothes, etc (DON'T PRETEND YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS). It also works the other way. I went with just the two boys once, and conversation got very guy-esque: cars, cars, engines, cars, beer (SNOOZE ME, LOSE ME).
Other helpful tips we came up with:
- Try to make sure at least one person has a significant other. There is no option for pairing off then. Ask after the significant other at least once every time, so that you can all be mind-cleansed of any post-drinking amorous feelings you might have had.
- Always, always come up with a nickname for your group.
- Have at least one Karen in the group (you know what I mean).
- Pick a regular establishment for your friend dates. Comfort and routine lulls you into a false sense of this-will-never-be-romantic security.
- Regularly invite a fifth wheel along. We don't know why, but this works. It adds a little spark to your fromance (that's a friend-romance folks, spread it like wildfire).
- Don't fool yourself into believing that "these things don't happen at a commuter school." "Watching a movie" NEVER MEANS WATCHING A MOVIE, no matter whether you drive or walk to school. Ain't no thang. Don't do that.
That's all I got. But really, if you just remember the rule of four (FOUR OR MORE, LET IT POUR. UNDER FOUR, HIT THE DOOR.) you will have such stellar guy-girl relationships. And guy friends are great. But guy friends you share with your other girl friends are even better. Because you can laugh at them when they're gone (JUST KIDDING LOVE YOU).
Do you have a solid group of friends you just adore?
What are your tips for guy-girl/guy-guy/girl-girl friendships?
Or just share a funny joke.
August 25, 2014
Here are some categories I feel got left out this year:
- Outstanding at Screaming Every Line: Kerry Washington, Scandal
- Outstanding Late Night Host: Jimmy Fallon, The Tonight Show
- Outstanding Character Development: Bellamy Young, Scandal
- Best Guilty Pleasure: Drunk History, Comedy Central
- Best to Binge Watch: House of Cards
- Most Underrated New Show of 2014: About a Boy, NBC
- Sorry for Always Forgetting to Nominate You: Nashville, ABC
Who will you be rooting for?
If you could pick your own Emmy category, what would it be?
August 22, 2014
August 20, 2014
August 15, 2014
Source: My Pinterest