Nine Stages of a Skype Date

August 29, 2013

1. Excessive, overly-eager greeting. Oh em geeeeeee tell me everything. 


2. Not sure how long the Skype date will last, start running over each other with stories. 

3. Find nearby object to play with. Water bottle? Fascinating!

4. Start doing things on camera that you would never actually do in real life if you were having a conversation. I have never re-done my top knot as many times as I do on an average Skype call. 


5. Lose all apparent interest in conversation. Start talking about how many calories you ate that day. Try balancing formerly rediscovered water bottle on your head. If you have a pet, start playing with the pet as opposed to talking. 


6. Stare anywhere but the camera. Has that paint chip always been there? 

7. Remember awesome story. Skype date now reignited and extended up to one hour. 
8. Try to get off Skype date. Fail. Three more stories must be told before either of you can get off. 


9. Awkward Skype goodbye. Is there anything more awkward than a Skype goodbye? Who will hang up first? Do you smile while you're clicking the red button? Because you know that frame freezes for a good three seconds on their end before dropping. What kind of face should you leave them with? 
 photo signature-16.jpg

15 comments:

  1. The only time I've ever used Skype was when my brother was over seas. Lol. I love that lizard gif. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. The ending face! My mom always has the weirdest look on her face when she signs off. I need to clue her in

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i've never had a skype date, but sounds like the most awkward thing ever. of course love the gif with the pug too! i'm sure every call would end up with me playing with my dogs awkwardly.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always seem look way worse on the camera than I do when I look in the mirror!! and i mess with my hair constantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spend all my time looking at myself instead of the other person, there's nothing more fascinating than me on camera I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! Might as well talk on the phone and stand in front of a mirror instead...

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, this is SO me! Playing with my hair, making dumb faces at myself, bringing my pets and roommates into the conversation: check!
    Hah and am I the only one who waves good bye furiously before hanging up? Because I TOTALLY do.

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol this is so true!! I always fail at the stare anywhere but the camera and end up looking extremely awkward.


    Alisha @ The Alisha Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHAHA This is hilarious!! I only use Skype to talk to my boyfriend cause we are in a long distance relationship. And I would have to say about 80% of the time is spent silently working on our computers/ doing homework 15% going "wait I think I lost the connection" "is it working?" "can you hear me" and the other 5% actually having a normal conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS SO ACCURATE!! no lie!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah- I'm always fixing my hair on Skype, WAY more than I do in real life. I end up looking at myself as opposed to the other person most of the time- guess I'm a narcissist!
    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHHA this post made my week so much better!! And then the gifs you added, I can't. I have never actually had a skype date but I'm gonna go with this being pretty accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skype dates are no fun! I used to skype my ex (not when he was my ex, only when he was my bf) and we mostly just ended up watching a lot of TV or I would have another window open. And the goodbye's... I always made a weird, overly excited, scary smile face.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design