On Hobbies

October 24, 2016

Uggggh why am I so bad at hobbies? Someone tell me it's just this "stage of life" and that eventually, hobbies will become consistent. Here's the thing... I really want a hobby that is consistent and separated from my work/professional life. Not a hobby like "Oh I serve on a board." That's work. Like a "Hi I Blog" hobby. 

This is my relationship with hobbies...

Day .055... Oh, Man! I really want a hobby! That sounds fun!
Day 1... that was fun, love it!
Day 2.. nah, don't set yourself up for too much
Day 3... wait there was a hobby?
Day 7... well it's too late now
Day 9... I don't have time for that hobby
Day 12... But if I'm going to commit to something, I should commit to consistent exercise and eating healthy. Then add a hobby in. 
Day 15... I'd really just like a grilled cheese
Day 30... is anyone even blogging anymore? (said as reading blogs for the 5th time that day)
Day 42... should've taken up a hobby, I'm bored
Day 200... well it's definitely too late to take up that hobby again


And so it goes. But I know, I know... 'you make time for that which is important to you' etc etc. Unless you are a millennial and then you identify all the important-to-you things and you just stare at them, frozen, unwilling to make a choice on which to prioritize. 

And thus is my relationship with hobbies cemented. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is me & hobbies to a T. I was just talking to my friend about that this weekend. How I need/want a hobby but I either wind up bored with it, too broke for it, or too busy for it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design