May: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

June 1, 2015

I kind of like these monthly recap posts people do. Sue me. I also kind of like writing a post to get my brain going before writing copy after copy of endlessly boring cover letters. So -- here we go! 

THE GOOD


Soaking up precious moments of time with friends and family. Since school and work ended, I've been going through people withdrawal. I definitely took it for granted getting to be surrounded by those I care about on a daily basis. Now, I appreciate them even more when I see them and find myself happy to soak up the minutes in their company. 

Michigan State Capital
Wagner Falls in the Upper Peninsula

Other goods: getting to help my sister surprise my niece with her first puppy. Date nights. A salmon risotto that I am still dreaming about (yes, one meal can be the highlight of a whole month). Road trips that allowed me to see some beautiful things -- like the state capital and gorgeous waterfalls. The return of paddleboarding season (and the return of blogging!)! 

Shameless blogger plug: you can follow along with more of my road trip/daily adventures on instagram blah blah blah.




THE BAD


Being unemployed sucks, there's just really no way around that. A lot of the time I am immensely bored and feel like I could run up the wall at any given point. It's hard to motivate yourself to fill out application after applications when you know the majority will go unacknowledged. 

"You can't turn a hoe into a housewife." We'll just leave that one there.

THE UGLY


When selfies go so, so wrong.
(Also, an art student took this.... shouldn't they take the best selfies?!?!)


What was the good and bad of your May month?
Share below!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That waterfall picture is gorgeous! I have a love/hate relationship with summer vacation. I love getting to enjoy my days however I want, but 99% of my friends in MN aren't teachers which means I have no one to hang out with which can get real old & boring.

    Hope June is a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design