Liebster Award!

February 9, 2013


Oh my goodness gracious! Sweet Mary, mother of Abraham Lincoln! Kimberly over at The Simplicity of Being Curious nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am seriously so honored...this blog is tiny, tiny so it means so much to me that people enjoy reading it. Thank you, Kimberly!





So...onto the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
6. The people you tag need to have 200 followers or less. This award is to get the word out about new bloggers and celebrate getting started!!


Eleven Facts About Me
  1. I only like flat pop.
  2. I am the youngest of five girls. 
  3. I learned two critical things from my father: how to watch football and how to be an opinionated, intelligent woman. 
  4. My favorite book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. 
  5. I discovered my love of fundraising as a sophomore in high school, when a random teacher pulled me out of the hall and asked if I had voted for a student club yet. By the end of the day, I was secretary of our student philanthropy club and the rest is history.
  6. My favorite teacher's nickname for me is Maggot. He even shouted it at graduation.
  7. I went to a college that was smaller than my high school.
  8. I am obsessed with doing different voices and love impersonating people. 
  9. My ideal day would be time with my niece, Emma, and then time at the beach and/or reading. 
  10. In the true colors personality test, I am an "orange," meaning I act on impulse, love adventure, and trust my first instincts.
  11. I once drove across the United States. By myself. Still not sure what I was thinking on that one. 

Questions that were asked of me...
1. What was the most influential moment of your life? Probably when I read East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It reinforced the beauty we have in the Lord in that He allows us to make our path, and gives us free will. It was so inspiring.
2. If you could only have one, what vanity product is a must keep (i.e. blush, make-ups brushes, hair product, spandex :P)? Gotta have my mascara.
3. What is your favorite read and why? Again...East of Eden by Steinbeck. It's his exploration of the battle between predestination and free will.
4. What was your dream job as a little kid? I wanted to be Diane Sawyer. I thought she was the most intelligent, classy woman I had ever seen and that it was so cool she got to travel the world and interview all these people. I was also obsessed because apparently she used to only see her husband once a year because of their demanding journalist schedules. When I was little, I was convinced that I never wanted to get married because it was too claustrophobic...she helped. ;)
5. What is your favorite quality in a person? I think a person who understands and embraces the quirkiness of both other people and life. 
6. Which of the blog posts that you've written is your favorite (post that link)? =] This is hard, but I'm going to pick Overcome the Lies. It was a very personal post for me about growing up, finding God and living the Truth.
7. What is your favorite quote? 

8. Who is your celebrity crush? Khloe Kardashian. We are both level-headed people from crazy families who like to keep it real, and always speak our mind. Also: Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling and Ewan McGregor.
9. If you could have dinner with anyone (alive, deceased, fictional), who would it be and why? Scarlett O'Hara. I think she is one of the strongest female personalities, and I would love to eat with her and hear her talk about all the crazy people in her life and how she fought so hard to retain what she wanted.
10. What is one thing you wish you were better at or wish you had that talent? I wish I could sing.
11. What is one goal that you have for your blog? I want to grow the number of readers I have, while not sacrificing the quality of my posts for quantity of readers.



Allllright...now...the 11 questions for the people I nominated for the Liebster Award: 
1. If you could be a guest character in any TV show, what show would it be and what would your character do?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. How would you describe your personality in three words?
4. What is one goal you have for yourself this year?
5. Describe one influential moment in your life. 
6. If you were on the Bachelor/Bachelorette, what ridiculous date would you plan and how would this help you determine whether they are a good spouse or not?
7. What is one skill/talent you wish you had but currently don't?
8. Name one song that always gets you pumped up and ready for life.
9. What is your favorite post you've ever written?
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
11. If you could be a little kid again for one day, what would you do?

I nominate:
Juliann @ I walk the line
Katie @ JD's Wife
Mary Lauren @ headed somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design