5. Automatic, socially-accepted excuse from attending social events.
"But the roads are bad. And they say it's going to snow more. I just want to stay in before it gets worse."
4. Automatic, socially-acceptable excuse to create any social event you want to at the spur of the moment.
"I HAVE CABIN FEVER BECAUSE IT'S BEEN SNOWING FOR THREE DAYS IN A ROW. LET'S GO ANYWHERE, DO ANYTHING."
We understand. We've been there.
3. Hours saved picking outfits.
No one cares what you look like underneath your coat.
It is a high of 11 degrees.
If you're stupid enough to be fashionable, you're stupid enough to freeze to death.
2. Disney princesses ain't got shit on you, because you live in a perpetual snow globe.
1. No rush to unload groceries.
This is, far and away, my favorite Michigan Winter Win.
Do you know how many times I've left my groceries in the car while I go to work or run other errands?
TOO MANY TO COUNT.
Your car is literally colder than your freezer at home. So no rush, that ice cream isn't going anywhere.
And the wine? Yeah, that will be perfectly chilled and ready for you at the time when you so decide it's convenient to unload the groceries and then celebrate with a little toast to yourself.