What's [unreal]

January 15, 2014

Welcome, boo thangs. Today I'm over at Lost In Travels guest posting about one of my favorite things ever...adult field trips. Because there's nothing better than being a little kid and going somewhere brand spanking new with your little disposable camera. Ah, youth is wasted on the young....or is it? Head on over and check out more on how field trips don't have to end with middle school. In fact, they just get more fun. 

Since we have some new readers (thank you!) I thought I would share where the name of my blog comes from. It's popped up in different Saturday takeovers and features, but it's always nice to have these things documented on your own blog as well. 

My blog's name comes entirely from one of the most inspiring, hysterical, vibrant woman I know. My friend Ellen and I met when she hard core rushed me for Pi Phi my freshman year, and it was an adventurous love in pizza rolls, air hockey and party fouls from that moment on. (Wait, maybe this will just turn into a post about Ellen....) The point is, I told my friend Ellen everything. And after every story she would let out either a long, drawn out "unrealllllll" for dramatic, this-would-only-happen-to-you, serious-er stories or a short, laughter punctuated "unreal, this shit is unreal" for my hysterical, how-did-you-get-yourself-here stories. So. That's why I picked The Unreal Life. Because life is always a little bit of both--the good, the bad, the ugly, the unreal. 

So if you're new here, thank you. Kick off your shoes, visit my Best Of page and find out what The Unreal Life is really about. It's about stranger's telling you their life story in three minutes flat and inviting you over for hamburgers in five. It's about laughing at the 5 Assholes You'll Date in College. And oh so much more. 

 photo signature-16.jpg

5 comments:

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design