{Co-Hostin'} Bloglovin' & Meet Dasani

May 19, 2013


Today I'm excited to be co-hosting this linkup with Lisette and Rachel. In order to help bloggers transition away from GFC as the main way to follow blogs, Northern Belle Diaries and Postcards from Rachel have teamed up to host I Love Bloglovin'

If you're new to The Unreal Life from this link up, welcome! Thank you for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the interweb! Here, you'll find my documented attempts to stop dating assholes, use appropriate office lingo and say no to strangers. 

Speaking of strangers...I made another friend in my apartment complex this weekend. I was taking a walk, and a kind old Indian man insisted that since we were both walking, we should walk together. He then proceeded to talk to me about his attempts to learn English, pass his ultrasound tech exam and sell his apartment he still owns in Pakistan (whaaaat?). 

He then asked me my birthday and apartment number and promised to "bring a birthday present. A cash present. Because, that is what you do when you have wealth. You share it with your friends. You and I, we are friends now. If you need anything, financial support, you come to me. I help you out. But uh, we are just friends, you know, nothing more." Uhhh...thanks? 

He then asked for my email address (which I gave, because I can't say no) and I promptly walked home to find three emails from Dasani waiting for me. The classic, grandma, savor-the-moment forward types. We have a standing walk date for 8 pm. 

Again, I can't say no! How was your weekend? Meet any strangers? 






3 comments:

  1. Hey! Wanted to reply to your email but you are a no-reply blogger! (If you want help with this let me know). What I was going to tell you:

    Hey! I'm so happy to find a blogger in STL! I'll be moving for 10 weeks in June 20. I got an internship there and I'm really excited to live in another city. Never been there but my roommate studied undergrad there and she told me a bit! So hopefully we can meet one day! :)

    PS: If you can, write me an email with your email! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from the blog hop! so interesting you met a new friend who wants to give you money haha. why not!?
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com
    -- artwork giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for co-hosting! I'm your new follower on bloglovin
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design