Ashley at I Spy Something Beautiful was so kind and nominated me for a Liebster Award! I'm a big fan of the Liebster Award because it helps showcase bloggers who are just starting out. There are so, so many new bloggers I've seen who have content just as good as those "top blog dogs" (don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about), but they just don't have those huge number of followers yet--but they definitely deserve it! Ok ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry, sometimes blogging is a lot like high school. I'm just...excited for the day when these little bloggers get the attention they deserve. Moving on.
1. The recipient will list 11 facts about herself2. The recipient will nominate 11 (or another randomly chosen number) of blogs she adores with less than 300 followers and shower them with compliments and praise and love.
Because that's the goal: give credit where credit is due. Introduce us to new bloggers who have great content. Work together. Grow together.
3. Let them know you nominated them (Which I can straight up say I won't be doing, because I'll be driving. Maybe when I get home Sunday.).
4. Throw in some random pictures so we get to know you!
- I only drink flat pop.
- I have a phobia of dentists.
- I have never seen Star Wars, Star Trek, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland or Sound of Music.
- I believe Gossip Girl will continue to be the best show ever produced in my lifetime, and fear I will never find a show to top it.
- I only recently saw my first episode of Sex and The City, which might be my new addiction.
- I started out writing short stories, and had never written a comedic piece until I started this blog. To this day, I still jump a little and get butterflies whenever someone comments that something I wrote was funny.
- One time as a kid, my dad made me miniature pancakes and I didn't eat them because I wanted to play with my barbies instead. He never made them for me again, and I still feel guilty to this day.
- If I didn't have morals, I would be a professional thief.
- A drawing of me once sold for $200 what what.
- I want to adopt all my future babies.
- I believe a day spent inside, alone with a good book is just as good as a day spent with friends. Both are necessary.
Tribal barbie says "thanks for reading all that, friend!"
Blogs I love:
Kayla @ Simple Bliss
Heather @ Fiery and Opinionated
Patricia @ Kisses and Croissants
Jordyn @ Fairy Princess Diaries
Shannon @ Verbs
Kalyn @ Life As I Pretend to Know It
Ash @ Ash Ann Pow
Maggie @ Mess in the Making
J @ J Whitney Nic
So take some time (please) to check out these lovely ladies and their blogs. Their content is sometimes hysterical, sometimes beautiful, sometimes emotional...but always, always real. And don't forget, you can follow along with my weekend road trip adventures on twitter and instagram selfpromoteselfpromoteblahblahblah. Hopefully by the time you read this I'll be out of Ohio can I get a WHAT WHAT.