Love, Your Little Sister

June 28, 2013

Dear Tomi,

Happy Birthday, big sister. I'm so glad that you took me to the pool all those days when I was a baby, even if the creepers in the trailer park asked if I was your daughter. That's okay though, because life has come full circle. Now, when I take your adorable daughter to the park, people ask me the same thing. 


Thanks for instilling in me a healthy pair of screaming lungs. I will never forget the sight of that beheaded chubby-baby-meets-barbie-doll chasing me through the house. 

Thanks for secretly feeding me meat that time Mom and Dad went vegan. I was really hungry. 


Thanks for never getting tired of me calling you those first few dozen times I went grocery shopping on my own to ask you "Now which one do I like? Mayonnaise of Miracle Whip?" and "Which kind of pickles?" And thanks for always stocking up on the right kind in your fridge, knowing that I will sometimes pick the wrong one and need a back up meal. 

I will always be fond of the time we spent spying on your neighbor from the picture window. I hope he stopped taking showers in the kitchen sink. And I still can't believe he moved his mother out and his girlfriend in. 


And most of all, thanks for never getting scared when I send you texts like this:


Happy Birthday, big sister.

 photo signature-16.jpg

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I love it! I was the big sister teaching my lil sis the ropes in life, so it was nice to read your post from the little sis perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaadorable. happy birthday to your sister! ps - was it bugs or razor burn? inquiring minds want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao! how many times have I automatically assumed it was BUGS IN MY SKIN rather than any other of a million possible explanations. haha

    & happppy birthday to your big sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so sweet. I have a sister five years younger than me so I have the roll of the "wise" and "mature" sister. There's nothing better than the bond between two sisters who are friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design