1. Make sure everything is in easy reach. Take time before you push that little stick thing into drive to make sure everything is appropriately spread out. This includes food, phone chargers, TomTom chargers, toll money, etc. You shouldn't have to dig for anything. Safety first!
2. Don't deny yourself. 42 ounce soda? Get it. Remember, the journey is the destination. Or whatever that quote says. Basically, enjoy yourself! The road trip isn't just your vehicle to the vacation...it IS your vacation!
3. Think ahead. Will you need a sugary snack in about an hour? Think ahead, purchase it with your lunch. Don't waste time stopping unnecessarily.
4. Embrace truck stops. They are an untapped resource of ultimate entertainment.
5. Sing your heart out. You have hours upon hours to be Beyonce, Rhianna, Kelly Clarkson, or whoever you want. You ARE Beyonce. You ARE an American Idol winner. Sing it girl.
That's all I got! Over and out! Follow me on Instagram for photos of my beautiful island getaway!
Introducing the lovely Brooks of Cotton and Boots. Here's the thing. When I first saw Brooks' ad purchase came through, my hands shook a little bit. That's what they don't tell you about sponsoring. It's stressful. I love Brooks and her blog so much, that I got nervous that I wouldn't be able to do her justice. I need everyone to read it. Because once you do, you will fall head over heels with her.
When people talk about "bloggy friendships," I think of Brooks. She has become my right hand, go to lady who I gchat, tweet and Facebook stalk e'ry day (sorry, Nick). I absolutely adore her. So, take a gander at her little spotlight...and then take a gander at her adorable, sweet, genuine, personable blog and see the best thing since Alabama's last national championship (loooove you Brooks).
I'm just a southern girl living the nomad life, on an adventure to becoming a Mrs. Come visit and you'll see our adventures, learn a bit about nothing, and maybe even be inspired. Grab what ever tickles your fancy and stop by!
Well, we're already living together, so that crosses that answer off. I suppose what I'm most excited about is to see where we are going. Living the nomad life (thanks a lot, construction), we have no idea where we will go next. So, I'm excited for our unknown adventures to be had!
What's the meaning behind your blog title 'Cotton and Boots'?
It's a vague one, isn't it? When I first started into the crazy blog world, I wanted to document my wedding planning. But, in all seriousness, who wants to read just that? No one. So it's evolved a bit. Cotton and Boots are what I'm incorporating into the wedding, a staple in the South, and what I'd wear every day, if I could.
What's one of your guilty pleasures?
Now that I'm this health kick? Coke Icees. Oh man, I could drink one every day and be a happy girl.
List one more fact that we really need to know about you.
My eyes are different colors. Gasp - say what?! Yeah, you can't really tell that much.. but they are. One's green and the other's blue. It depends on the day when you see the difference. Your world is completely changed now, right?
Dear 16 Year Old Me (seriously...it will make you say aww out loud no matter where you are)
My Body Is Not Perfect (preach it sista)
Country Slang 101 (also named Giggle 101)