Life According to MoDOT

July 12, 2013

So if life is a highway, what can we learn from the highways of Missourah during rush hour? 

Highway habit:
I have never seen people use the brake so much in their entire life. 
Need to get over? Brake.
See an exit ramp? Brake. 
Went a mile over the speed limit? Brake. 
Brakebrakebrakebrakebrake


Kids. Don't brake for life. Or brake your life for other people. 
You charge on, you little rascals you. 
Do your thang. 
Pursue those dreams. 

Highway habit:
Missourah residents do this cute little thing where they full out stop at the top of a hill. 
It's like I can hear them in their cars, 
"But what's on the other side? We can't possibly know. 
Let's go for it today. Don't stop. 
Wait! STOP! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE!!"
And instantly you go from 60 to 0. 


Don't let the unknown freak you out!
Don't spend hours of your life imaging the horrors that might happen,
they also might NOT happen!

And that kids, is all I've got for you. There are a few other metaphors about four lanes (four options of life!) and the 60 mph speed limit (don't be afraid to go fast!) but this is getting long. Guess it's a good thing I'm getting off this Missourah highway (get it? hint hint. hint hint.). 

HAPPY FRIDAY! 

 photo signature-16.jpg

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahah I don't do any of these things but a lot of people in MO do! The worst in when the realize the need to get off the highway at the last minute (cause obvs they have NO idea where they are going) so they literally stop in the middle of the highway until someone lets them over. HELLO! Haven't you heard of going to the next exit and TURNING AROUND?! haha

    don't mind me deleting my other comment - I was logged in under my personal email. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!! OMG that would drive me bonkers, I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohioans definitely like their brakes too. Unfortunately, I have been that person lately because I have the stupid Progressive snapshot in my car...annnnd after 1 month, I got no discount- too many hard stops. So I've been riding my brakes for a month and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA, that's hilarious! These things actually happen?
    Love the gifs :)

    Michelle @ Mishfish13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! What part of MO are you from?! I'm from KC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the worst! Add in unused blinkers and we have a real situation on our hands. Get it together, people

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Hayley Larue Design